What is GST?
GST stands for Goods and Services Tax. It is an indirect tax imposed in India on the supply of goods and services. GST is divided into five tax slabs for collection of tax – 0%, 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%. GST rules and regulations are governed by GST council which includes finance minister of centre and all the states. GST is popularly referred to the one nation one tax. It is paid monthly, quarterly, or yearly based on business turnover.
What is GST Software?
GST Software is application software designed to manage GST compliant Accounting in the business. It’s a complete system that ensures smooth functioning of business accounting in India. Every businesses operating in India must be registered under GST. To manage and fill this mechanical system of taxation one needs to have GST Software. It helps you in filing GST returns, challan registration, e-payments, invoicing & billing, accounting etc.
Features of GST Software
- GST return filing
- GST Compliance and Accounting
- Create and manage CGST, SGST and IGST
- Multi-currency support
- E-Payments facility
- Import-Export data with a click
- Automatic HSN & SAC Lookup
- Tax computation & validation
- GST Reporting
- Auto-bank Reconciliation
- Manage inventory
- Budget control
- GST invoicing & billing
- Journal adjustments
- GST E Waybill
How to choose best GST software?
On-premise or cloud based
This is going to be the most important question here, whether to go for online or offline GST software. Let me explain both the terms for your understanding. On-premise is offline software and you buy the license to install the software in your office using your own IT infrastructure and technical support. In this case, vendor’s job will be over after installation and end user training. On the other hand, cloud-based or online software is subscription based service and charged per user per month basis. This is very affordable, secure and scalable. If you choose online software then you are free from all those IT infrastructure set up and data security issues.
User interface & reports
User interface is discussed very often when we talk about GST or any other business software. User interface refers to personalized and informative dashboard and beautiful reporting system. This is very important as users have to interact with the system through its interface. Software must generate good insight as it eventually helps in decision making.
Digital revolution has begun but data security is primary concern today. We have been witnessing the case of data breaches frequently and need security assurance the most. Be it online or offline, you have to be fully sure that GST software you are buying is not robust only in return filing but also secure in terms of data.
GST software you are buying must be scalable as per the business needs. Today, you may be a small firm but tomorrow you may become large enterprise and eventually require data migration from an existing to a new system without failing.
GST Software should be flexible enough to integrate with existing system like enterprise resource planning or any other system.
Technical Support is indeed the crucial part of any software system. Enquire thoroughly about the vendor through peers and online forum. Vendor must have long term goal in the business and must not wind up at the time your business is growing and you need them the most.
Top 10 GST Software in India
1. Tally GST Software
Tally ERP 9 is the latest Tally GST Software for GST compliant businesses in India. it’s offering all the features right from GST Billing to GST Returns, Error Detections & corrections, and many more. Our accounting software is trusted by large group of businesses across India. Our tool is highly upgraded and GDPR compliance. Tally User interface is very simple and our technical support is outstanding.
Key features of Tally ERP 9
- Start GST billing in a few minutes using Tally.ERP 9 Release 6
- All GST transactions and scenarios are supported in Tally’s GST-Ready Software
- Quickly reconcile with suppliers, and get rightful input tax credit
- Enhance customer satisfaction to get continuous business
- Minimize the chances of GST return rejection
- Experience hassle-free GST returns
- Conveniently file GST returns
2. ClearTax GST Software
Cleartax GST software is very unique accounting software as it works in MS excel and said to be no-Internet GST software. This bookkeeping software gives you an option to create invoices on excel. This offline billing software enables you to create free GST bills and file returns.
Key features of ClearTax GST Software
- File 100% accurate GSTR-9 & 9C returns
- Auto-generate GSTR-9 in minutes
- Download GSTR-1, 2A, 3B, data for all months in one click
- Reconcile filed returns with books with click of a button
- One click data export from Tally using Tally Connector
- Automatically identify data mismatches for 100% GST compliance
- No need to handle JSON files
- Save time by filing returns for all your clients from one dashboard
- Simple ways to import data from excel to avoid copy-pasting data
- In English & हिन्दी
- Attend online training as per your convenient time
- Learn about GST & how to use GST Software
- Easy integration with ERPs like Tally, SAP
- Ensure 100% accuracy with Tax Validation Engines
- Avoid files transfer. Work real-time with your clients and team.
- Access from any device, anytime, anywhere
3. Marg GST Software
Marg GST Software is simplifying GST billing and return filing. Marg Erp 9 is a GST-ready inventory & accounting software that helps create invoices easily, oversee your accounts, reconcile bank transactions, monitor inventory,
generate reports & MIS, and file GST returns easily.This bookkeeping software for Billing & Accounting can be personalized as per the business needs. The best part of the software is its reporting.
Key features of Marg GST Software
- Easy & Fast Billing
- GST filing
- Auto-Bank Reconciliation
- Import Purchase
4. Legal Raasta
LegalRaasta GST software is very easy to understand and use for the new user. If you go to use government utility it has several fields & complicated json upload process. It doesn’t even offer reconciliation. Our GST software does automatic reconciliation and report mismatch instantly. It has easy to use interface like MS excel and give you step by step instruction to file return.
Key features of Legal Raasta
- Import Tally data
- Easy Reconciliation
- HSN finder
- Invoice generation
- Tax Payment
- Place of supply finder
- Seller Mismatch notification
- GSTIN Validation
- E commerce import
5. Go GST Bill
Go GST Bill is perfect, cloud-based & Lifetime FREE GST billing software for small businesses. It is especially built for the Indian market with new GST compliance. It includes all the features from managing products to calculating & printing beautiful invoices for your clients. It’s fully reliable with high encryption algorithms & featured with the daily backup function.
Key features of Go GST Bill
- GST Invoices
- Product & Stock
- Proforma & Quotation
- Credit/Debit Note
- Payment Receipt
- Expenses Tracking
- Simple Report
- Easy Export
- Free Support
6. GST Keeper
GST Keeper is an integrated GST compliance solutions, apart from accounting and reporting it also gives personalized learning platform to help you learn more about GST act. Our leading edge GST software can assists you maintain GST return filing archives for all future reference. Our commitment towards surpassing the SLAs enables our customers make sure scrupulous adherence to GST Act and jurisdictional requirements.
Features of GST Keeper
- Platform Independent
- Highly Secured Language
- Availability of Sync facility
- Billing for Goods and Services
- Purchase Invoice for Unregistered Dealers in Reverse Charges Mechanism (RCM)
- Debit Credit Note
- Payment Voucher
- Refund Voucher
- Advance Receipt
- Shipping Bill
- Industry Specific Billing Format
- Furnish HSN Code
- Invoice Uploading
- Auto Error Identification
- Import/Export Data From/To Third-party Software
- Bulk Import of Receiver/Suppliers Data
- Import Client Details
- Import and Export in Excel
- Import and Export from Excel Templates Provided by GSTN
- Direct Filing to GST Portal if Provided by GSTN
- Import From Invoice Section
- Unique Client Authentication Mechanism
- Input Tax Credit
7. Saral GST
Saral GST built by Relyon Softech is a user-friendly software for GST e-return filing. It is designed by a team which has over 17 years of domain knowledge and proven technical expertise in serving the financial industry including tax practitioners and banks.
Key features of Saral GST
- Data Import
- GSTR Comparison
- GST Returns
- GST Computation & set-off of ITC
- MIS Reports
- OTP Management
8. Sahi GST
SahiGST is a software platform for GST compliance that is created by experts with immense experience in domains of Taxation and Technology. It gives all types of GST returns and helps businesses be efficient in managing their GST filings & reconciliation. SahiGST is creating solutions to help make the adoption of India Stack easy with our flagship product.
Key fetures of Sahi GST
- Made To Scale
- Platform Support
- Integrated Approach
- Multi User System
- Activity Monitor
- Comprehensive GST Coverage
- Powerful Reconciliation
- Proactive Notifications
- Role Defined User Access
- Maintain Business Master
9. Easy GST
Easy GST is accounting software in India and serving global customers. This cloud-based billing software allows you to work from anywhere anytime. Get update with your business finance on the go with our intuitive dashboard and extensive reports. It gives you total control on how people will accesses your business.
Key features of Easy GST
- Easy Invoices
- Bills & Expenses
- Financial Reports
- Free Upgrades
- Asset Management
- Easy Touch
- Invoice Settings
- Time & Billing
- Document Management
- Multi Currency
- Easy CRM Module
- Time Tracking
- Data Security
HostBooks GST Software provides an integrated platform for TDS, GST, E Way Bill and Accounting. It intends to delivering accounting services that cater to the needs of all the customers & serve them hugely. HostBooks has been designed with the leading edge cloud-based technology in association with AWS. We think for our client satisfaction and benefits. Hence, ensure an incredible, secure, and hassle-free user experience.
Key features of HostBooks
- NSDL Listed Software
- Cloud-based with Anytime Anywhere Access
- Auto Calculation of ITC & Tax Liability
- Multi-template and Multi-type GST Billing
- Auto-matching of Invoices/Returns
- Automatic Data Validation
- Easy Migration from Tally and other software
- Quick Import and Export of Data
- Add Multiple Users and Companies
- Automated Bank Feeds
- Data Security, Backup & Restoration
- 24/6 Online CA Support