What is an Applicant Tracking System?
An Applicant Tracking System or ATS is an application software that is used for automating company’s recruiting and staffing process. An ATS system makes the hiring process easy and faster. Primary work of an ATS system is to search for appropriate resume from the candidate database for the vacant jobs. ATS uses keywords or AI mechanism to filter resume. An ATS was built to assists organization’s better manage every aspect of the recruiting process, from job posting to hiring.
Why to use an Applicant Tracking System?
Before an ATS system, organizations had been receiving zillions of resume in different file format as a result of online job submits. These resumes required to be maintained manually. Thus our traditional systems require more human interaction in the hiring process; it is not only costly but time-consuming process. An ATS system will automate the hiring and recruiting process and finding a suitable candidate for the job is super-fast.
Benefits of Applicant Tracking System
- An ATS is built to streamline and speed up the hiring process. It will post and manages job ads on different job boards.
- An Applicant Tracking System has been included in hiring process due to its excellent filtering capabilities. It is able to find the best match candidate for the particular opening from submitted applications.
- ATS can be integrated easily with third part job boards like Naukri and Monster.
- You can have a better workforce as it creates a database of candidates for future job opening.
- Most of the ATS systems are cloud based so it works very fast.
- ATS utilize chatbots and artificial intelligence to filter and qualify candidates for you.